Matthew’s Ministry would not be possible without the help from our dedicated volunteers! Not only will you be a blessing to a Matthew’s Ministry family, but the joy you will receive from such an opportunity is priceless!
Family Night Out:
- Family Night Out is one of the most popular events for our families and occurs once a month on a Saturday evening. Numerous volunteers are needed to make our events a success! Volunteers are paired with participants with special needs for a themed night of dinner, crafts, games and other activities, while their parents/caregivers take a well-deserved night off.
Angel Care One-On-One Support:
- Angel care volunteers provide one-on-one support to children and students with special needs while they attend Resurrection Kids and Resurrection Students typical programming. Volunteers are essential to help the student have a successful church experience! There are opportunities to serve Sundays at 9am, 11am, and Wednesdays at 6:30pm.
Sunday Fellowship Groups:
- On Sundays at 11am and 5pm, volunteers are welcome to join our Matthew’s Ministry groups for students and adults with special needs. Volunteers can lead the adapted bible lesson or simply join the group for fellowship!
Sonflower Adult Learning Program:
- SALP is a program for adults with special needs who are 21 years and older. The program operates Monday through Friday from 10am – 3pm. Volunteers are welcome to join the group for fellowship during lunch time or to provide support during various activities, including art, gardening, book club, drama, and yoga.
- Matthew’s Ministry Sonflower Bakery provides an opportunity for adults with special needs to bake cookies, breads, scones and more, as well as share their gifts with others. You can find their baked goods at the church cafes, other church events, in the community, and through special orders. Volunteers are needed to assist the participants to bake and package these delicious treats!
- Matthew’s Ministry Drama Club is designed to engage students and adults (ages 16 years and older) with special needs in the performing arts and theater. The group rehearses on a weekly basis and has volunteer opportunities to help assist during rehearsals and productions!